View Single Post
Old
10-22-2010, 03:46 PM
eco's bones

vCash: 500
Vinny LeCavalier has an NMC. His cap hit is almost $8 mil per and his contract runs through the 2019-20 season. No way in hell would I touch that and especially not with a new CBA coming up after 2011-12. That contract has disaster written all over it--maybe not in the next two or three seasons but Vinny ain't quite the same player he used to be.

What to go after at this point depends. A playmaking center might certainly be the biggest need. It's not likely that Stepan or Anisimov are really ready to fill that but they both look promising. Backes would be a nice addition. I think St. Louis is going to lock him up before the season is done. He's a top 6 winger with very good skills and a physical game--a more developed version of Dubinsky. Chris Phillips is a guy I might look at depending on how our defense holds up or doesn't hold up. He's a big steady guy--great positionally and physical enough. I'm afraid Richards is going to cost too much. Might be the Rangers try to trade for a 1st line center as well and Boston might be one team to look at there.

As for ever re-signing Drury I wouldn't do it. He's a 3rd liner now. In a couple years he might be a 4th liner. He will also be a +35 contract the next time he signs with anybody. A discount wouldn't be enough. We'd need a super discount.

eco's bones is offline   Reply With Quote