View Single Post
Old
10-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Markowicz
Simple Jacques

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Yarfangor View Post
Take it for what its worth, but http://twitter.com/ajcthrashers whom is reliable when it comes to Thrasher info, reports Montreal Scouts at Thrasher game.

Maybe they are just scouting teams in general and this whole Bieksa stuff is misinterpreted.
Scouts are scouts. That's what they do. I think we are reading too much into this.
I would just wait for Markov to come back before signing anyone or making a trade. Washington's PP is 3 for 17 since Mike Green's been out--even the best teams lose their mojo when they lose their QB. People say that Markov won't solve all our problems on the PP when he returns, and it's true, he'll be rusty and might not be amazing immediately. But what he will do is make the D's box shrink because he's unpredictable. Markov is one of the best D at making the backdoor pinch on the PP. Right now, the other teams 4-man box can be really big (meaning keeping all our shots to the outside) because we aren't forcing anything down-low. Once you make that box collapse, that's where huge openings begin to emerge. Markov's ability of confusing the D will make it harder for them to keep a proper box intact.

P.S. Markov is our best player. People seem to forget that sometimes, but it's true. Not having him in the line-up makes pretty much every facet of our game worse. Our defence is worse. 5-5 is worse. PK and PP worse. He's the ultimate difference maker on this team, and that's why i refuse to look for potential trades or signings to help our team out right now. I would if I knew Markov would be out until December, but that's not the case. His return will make every single player on the team look better. So I'm just going to reserve judgment on the team until he returns.

Markowicz is offline   Reply With Quote