View Single Post
Old
10-22-2010, 08:15 PM
blueberrydanish

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by donGjohnson View Post
Datsyuk uses a stick up to nearly his eyes in skates and he has great hands. It's really a matter of practice and preference. However, I don't recommend that for most people. You have to remember that certain stick lengths will limit what you can naturally do. A longer stick will make it easy to drive wide around people but very hard to pull the puck in and keep it close to you along the boards. It will also help your shot, but you'll have to keep the puck further out to shoot properly. The real trick is just knowing how to adjust to it.
Ya I guess Im just one of those few where it works great for me. For my level of play and how long I have been playing I got a pretty nice shot and good handling so Im not at all concerned with it. Everytime I mess around with a forwards stick that is short it just completely throws me off. Can't think of a specific time where I messed up a chance and thought a shorter stick would have helped me.

Also to remember I use a big heel curve so thats really where the puck sits nice and is good to start out at for good control/zip on my passes/shots.

blueberrydanish is offline   Reply With Quote