Thread: Rumor: Spezza?
View Single Post
Old
10-23-2010, 07:09 AM
HoosierDaddy

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SupersonicMonkey View Post
So your givivng up TWO of our top young NHL roster players, a top prospect, and a first round pick(s)...

You people live in a fantasy world (Pun intended, I'm sure )if you really think this would be a great move for the Rangers.

Dubinsky, Anisimov, top prospect gone and first round pick???

That's simply awful awful managment.

This isn't a video game, and this isn't Yahoo! fantasy hockey.

Ill take the TEAM that's being BUILT, and then fill in later with CHEAP options. So I can keep the YOUNG players when they're RFA, and have LONG TERM organizational health.
This!

Why would we give up a talented young (cheap) center, a versatile young and reasonably priced forward/center that's still developing, a minute eating defenseman (with a decent actual dollar salary) AND a 1st ROUNDER? This is silly.

I would offer either Dubi OR Ani, Rosie, a 2nd (maybe a 1st) and one (maybe two) prospects (Grachev?)not named Kreider (Stepan is no longer a prospect, he's on the Rangers).

So deal is Dubi, Rosie, 2nd (1st?), & Grachev. If they choose not to re-up Rosie they'd still have Dubi, Grachev and whoever they chose with their 2nd.

Spezza is a fantastic talent and a sure fire 1st line center. But there are CAP issues to consider as well. The SENS are long in the tooth and need to continue their own rebuild. Spezza may, or may not be a part of that rebuild. If they can get decent prospects they will be further ahead of the process, IMO.

Last edited by HoosierDaddy: 10-23-2010 at 07:15 AM.
HoosierDaddy is offline   Reply With Quote