Thread: Rumor: Spezza?
View Single Post
Old
10-23-2010, 12:56 PM
DutchShamrock

vCash: 500
This team doesn't suck now because of bad trades, we haven't had a prospect for vet trade in years, since before the lockout. We suck now because of horrible drafting (Jessiman instead of Richards, Parisi, Getzlaf) and horrible UFAs (Drury, Gomez, Redden). People want to hoard draft picks and sign more UFAs instead of trade... where's the logic?

Look, I'm with the idea of building a core, keeping most of your prospects and rounding out the team with UFAs, but every contending team has made a big trade to get to that point. Just be open to the concept of building a team with a couple of trades to go along with a decent homegrown core and handful of UFAs on the team already. This is the one area people should trust Sather on, he wouldn't part with Staal and Callahan for Heatley, I doubt he moves Del Zotto, Kreider, Stepan or even Anisimov for Spezza. Sather has a knack for exploiting weaknesses and right now I think Murray is weak. And hey, if he's not and he asks for the moon, Sather walks away like he's been doing since the lockout.

DutchShamrock is offline   Reply With Quote