View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 02:44 PM
Marksman

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by galactus
If my math is correct the Habs have 25 players who will be ready to play at some point. No one can guess when a player will be injured or if they will be injured at all. Unless you have a crystal ball I do not think you can either and if you do have a crystal ball you should be spending your time seeing more important things like the numbers to this past Fridays Super Seven worth 25 million dollars.
I dont need that crystal ball for that - to remember how Canadiens have been hit with injuries in recent years. Its really easy to guess there will be quite a few again. We still have Ribeiro Juneau Perreault Kilger and Begin who all lost significant numbers of games to injuries and with the exception of two forwards (Koivu & Bulis) nobody was able to play full season.

Maybe I'm being pessimistic - winning only two preseason games doesnt bother me, but seeing how injuries start to pile up even before the season really scares me.

Of course all those players are able to play at some point...but it seems like we will be having a few people on injury reserve list every given moment. You did the math, 25 players and two of Kilger, Koivu/Zednik on the injured list bring number to the magical 23 man. I doubt they will be rushed in before there is pressing need to do so, like more injuries? And if it comes to that Dwyer will go down through the waivers, he became expendable with Langdon being the new 5 minute plugger.

Also I have the past Fridays lottery numbers, dont need to orb for that either. :p