View Single Post
Old
10-24-2010, 10:25 AM
Muttley*
Zach=2 games left

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by densetsu View Post
If it works for you, it works for you. A few questions though... more curious than anything.

Have you tried a shorter stick? If you have tape on the bottom of your stick, where does it wear out the fastest? Where are all the puck marks on your stick?

I tried using a stick that was up to my eyes in shoes, and I could barely get a shot off. It was great for poke/sweep checks, but that's about it. After 60 mins at an outdoor rink just shooting pucks, and another 60 mins in a shinny game, I took a few inches off the top.
yeah, for years I've adapted to playing D with a relatively longer length, about halfway up my nose in skates.

I wanted to improve my stick handling and shooting and began experimenting with shorter lengths and am now down to just above the upper lip, about 1 1/2 inches shorter than what I had become accustomed to.

My stick handling and shooting have improved tremendously and I've refined my defensive game, BUT I tend to miss sometimes with my poke & sweep checks due to the shorter length.

It's a trade off. When I settled with this current length, I was missing on my sweeps & pokes like half the time. It angered the hell out of me, but it drove me to practice and play more whenever I can and adapt to this new length.

Muttley* is offline   Reply With Quote