View Single Post
Old
10-24-2010, 12:53 PM
barrytrotzsneck
Retired Global Mod

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by glenngineer View Post
How about this, anyone else watch the game? What was everyone elses take on our first period last night? Were they taking it to us? Were we taking it to them? Did they have any sustained pressure on Rinne other than maybe a shift or two? Maybe I have poor memory and Weber took a shot, O'Reilly took the rebound, put it in and then we stunk it up the rest of the way and got lucky for 59 minutes.
I never said that. I said that we came out with the jump we've been coming out with, and similar to several other recent games, we gradually petered out and were clinging to a one goal lead for most of the game. Dallas's chances started coming hard and heavy with about 6 or 7 minutes to go in the first, and didn't really let up for the rest of the game. We had very little sustained offensive pressure, and instead spent most of the game chasing them around our own end.

If you're pleased with 3 quarters of a period comprising the sum total of the time you looked like the better team -- I'm actually quiet jealous. Watching hockey must be far less stressful for you. Don't get me wrong, I understand the injuries and I'm pleased we came out with the win, but it's not one I'm pounding my chest about.

barrytrotzsneck is offline   Reply With Quote