View Single Post
Old
10-24-2010, 01:54 PM
BillD

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OlTimeHockey View Post
That was my argument in 2003 on....he wore himself out like I said he would, his pre-season ending injuries got ignored, he overcompensated on all his injured parts and just doesn't have the tools to play like Hasek. The muscle building hurt him....A LOT.

It's just been an entire career of mistakes. I hope he learns and does what he has to: calm down and use what he has left to stop pucks. The puck playing has been HORRID - GONE! The going down too early when he has no ability to keep his 5-hole closed - GONE!

Now if he stays in position and using FAR LESS energy guards that crease in a PREDICTABLE, DISCIPLINED manner and gives his teammates the confidence Rollie manages to....this thread does not exist.
Perfect. Regardless of accumulated "rust", technical flaws (going down early, chest dropped, over commiting, not fighting thru screens, losing sight of the puck etc.) his problem is his ego, his desire to be spectacular and put on a show that will get fans to go "ooooo---Ahhhh) and chant his name. Even the language challenged Butchie said it...."less is more" when it comes to Rick's antics. You have never seen the efficient Marty Brodeur do way too much (or very, very rarely) in his handling of the puck.
Lord, leading the whole league in turn overs that includes all skaters? That is brutal and speaks to Rick's desire to be the show.
I am not a DP hater. I want him to be the goalie that we all hoped for when he was taken #1. If he can ever get over his physical limitations, he still needs to improve his goaltending techniques, and stifle his ego to steal the spotlight with spectacular.
We need boring, plain, stop the damn puck by being in good position.