View Single Post
Old
10-24-2010, 05:44 PM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trxjw View Post
I agree that McDonagh is likely a moveable piece, but I think the organization will flip Grachev before they trade Dubinsky. Especially if he can keep up the play he's shown thus far this season. You're right that it's rare that players of this ilk become free agents, but that's also the problem. Is it really a cost-effective solution? I'm not so sure it is.
I think they'd certainly be more willing to part with Grachev before Dubinsky, but I don't think he has nearly the value Dubinsky does. He might be a player that's included in a deal of this type, but he won't be a centerpiece.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jas View Post
I'm not sure that McDonagh is such a movable piece. And, while many Ranger fans appear to have no problem putting Dubinsky in trade proposals,(Eklund as well), I have yet to see any evidence that the Rangers would move him. Judging by the ice time he's getting, he and Callahan are the two most important forwards on the team.
Well, at this point, who else are you going to play there? Not like the team has much to choose from. But with Kreider, as well as Werek and MZA in the system, and what I would caregorize as a big hole at center, despite the presence of Stepan and Anisimov, Dubi just makes the most sense. Same with McDonagh. Staal, MDZ, Valentenko should be our top three LD for years to come. If you move McD to the right side, and can make it work, sure, but I think he's a player a team like Dallas or Ottawa would covet if they trade a Richards or a Spezza. Both need blueline help.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote