View Single Post
Old
10-24-2010, 08:05 PM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
You have to remember you're talking about VERY small samples. He hit well, just not in the right spots... and that was helped along by situational lefties in the key spots (Howard has his weaknesses). Howard had some big hits (including last night) that just didn't result in runs.

On the other side... his teammates failed to knock him in on more than one occasion after he'd gotten on base.

The better team did not win this series. However, that's the way it goes in short series. The Phils have just as good starting pitching, and demonstrably better hitting... just didn't get the key hits in a 6 game series. Of course, I also think we may have won Game 4 if they don't run Ruiz into a *ing idiotic out at the plate. But that's just me.
Yes, it did. Just as I said, that doesn't mean they're more talented overall (because they're not)... but it's ignorant not to give the Giants the credit they deserve for playing better than us. They made key pitches and got key hits when they needed them, and we didn't. The Giants were the better team in THIS series. Period.