Old
10-24-2010, 08:51 PM
KINGS17
Smartest in the Room

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonellisghost View Post
debatable.

So har he appears to be the same player as he was when he got here, tons and tons of talent that is still waiting to put everything together.

I am not certain that the AHL would have done much to change that and his level of play is simply way above AHL caliber so he wouldn't be able to really learn anything with the exception of becoming a more lazy player due to his being so much greater than his competition.

Ideally we would send him to learn at the highest level possible so that he will be challenged up to and beyond his skill level, forcing him to develop maturity into his talent. I think that is what we see at times when we see JJ have a stellar game or link a few shifts together.

The big question in my opinion is how long will it take for him to learn how to play his game and will he still be a King by the time he does.
To me, he is the one player that is the most attractive to other teams that Lombardi is probably willing to give up to get some help up front. If Lombardi could count on Hickey, Muzzin, Voynov, or anyone else to do about 75% of the things that Johnson CAN do but doesn't always do, then I think Johnson would be trade bait.

At any rate the Kings look set on defense when Doughty returns.

Doughty - Mitchell
Johnson - Scuderi
Greene - Drewiske
Harrold

If Drewiske's game slacks off at all one of the kids in Manchester is going to get a shot at replacing him. It would be great though if the big four in Manchester of Hickey, Muzzin, Voynov, and Martinez had an opportunity to anchor that blueline for an entire season. All of them need some polish.

KINGS17 is online now   Reply With Quote