Old
10-25-2010, 12:39 PM
Homeland Security
Mod Supervisor
HFBoards

vCash: 50
Quote:
Originally Posted by RWWallpaper View Post
Since when does player critisism interfere with this being a "family friendly site"?...I don't get that at all. I agree that use of certain language and such should be censored because there can be young people reading these posts and they should not be exposed to that kind of behavior.

That said, why would someone ripping any player be the cause for others to get so bent out of shape? Whenever you start to censor how people respond on a message board you end up with an sterile, watered down version of how people really feel. I don't think that helps any of the parties involved.

I appreciate that this is a private message board that can govern itself anyway it sees fit. I get that and respect it. However, we are the ones who make places like this possible and should not be subjected to that kind of censorship as far as I'm concerned. I also happen to agree with Sal that the criticism of DP is absurd and over the top most nights...but so what? I just skim past them and leave those posts behind. I don't see the need to take such dramatic steps towards removing them from the GDT's.

I have said my piece and won't bring it up again out of that aforementioned respect for those who rule here. The Mods have a tough job and do a very good job of keeping order here...I just thought, in this particular instance, it was unnecessary...but hey, that's just me.

Thanks first off. The reason why it became a big deal is because before the puck is even dropped for a game people were excessively complaining about him and therefore taking away from the actual discussion. I think we keep thinks pretty loose around here, but when the discussion strays so far to left field it ruins the said discussion. DiPietro gets a lot of crap just for being DiPietro. Again some people have grazed over my points, but I am all for criticizing him when he deserves it and not simply because he is DP.