View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 03:58 PM
nikeisevil

vCash: 500
Send a message via MSN to nikeisevil
Quote:
Originally Posted by Oilers89
What I'd like to know is since when is Vancouver small market. They never were and never will be. They were never small market when Quinn was GM and now suddenly since Burke took over, they're small maket. Vancouver should not be considered small market ever because they not small market.

Mizral, you forget that whole Guerin trade. The Oilers traded Guerin to the Bruins for Carter plus the option to switch first round picks (Ales Hemsky), a second rounder (Doug Lynch) and future considerations. Hamrlik was traded to the Islanders for Brewer, Green and second round pick (Winchester).

Another thing, Mizral, you're accusing Lowe for draft picks when he wasn't even GM according to your post.

Remember, Mizral, the Canucks are not small market.
You have to remember that 55% on the Vancouver population is from Asian decent and they haven't become true hockey nuts yet. Time will mend that though - and I do see a lot of hockey jersey's on the asian crowd now. So whereas there is almost unanimous support for hockey in Edmonton - there isn't close to as much in Vancouver. Mostly bandwagoners and people being fans because "Bertuzzi is cute".

Also - the lack on Stanley Cups in Vancouver has left nothing for people to look back upon as inspiration for the future.

So although Vancouver is a 3 Million person city - and hardly a small market - it sometimes feels like it.

Wait a second? Am I defending a comment made by MIZRAL!? It must be the weekend