Thread: Line Combos: Time to change up the line combos?
View Single Post
Old
10-25-2010, 02:26 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris Shafer View Post

Why? I don't care where JVR is. Richards or Carter doesn't matter much to me. Powe looked good with Richie and Roo, so keep him there.
Because JvR and Giroux have played well together, putting Carter and JvR is once again relegating a player to have to play with the shoot happy Carter, when JvR is a similar type player, so why not put JvR with some guys who will get him the puck. Carter and JvR is the last possible line combo I want.

Quote:
Or just leave JVR there? Why make the minor change? Your post was entirely about swapping Powe and JVR? Why?

Cause Powe is a SOB to play against, he goes to the boards, will crash the net and does not need the puck on his stick, and is defensivly sound....a perfect complement for Carter and Zherdev.

Quote:
Best shifts of the night? Are you out of your mind?
Yup, physical on the d-men, made the guy handling the puck pay for looking up ice and were able to establish the cycle a couple of times. This is what you want from a 4th line, and good/appropriate line changes.

Quote:
Best shifts of the night were clearly Hartnell - Briere - Leino.
That is what I said before as far as the best line, but the 4th line did their job and put together some strong forecheck.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote