View Single Post
Old
10-25-2010, 02:00 PM
And You Feel Shame

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SUNRISE27EMTK View Post
I understand that he is coming off 2 years of not playing but do we waste a season for one player to try to get better?
While you can make the point that Roli has played better in his 3 starts than DP in his 5, I think it's a stretch to suggest that the Islanders are wasting a season here.

Personally, I'd rather see the Isles give Roli 2 starts out of 3, but if they feel they need to get Rick 2 out of 3 starts, that's fine too. If DP gets embarrassed out there, I think we all know that Roli can step in and take the lion's share of the starts.

If Okposo comes back and fails to light it up for the first two weeks are there going to be Okposo Criticism Threads? (I hope not) Will people post that he's taking time away from some other player and that we are wasting a season?

Are the same people demanding we play Roli more the same ones who thought we should have traded Roli at the deadline last season? (I'm too lazy to check) - it astounds me how far into despair we are that even while the team is playing well, so many people need to have things to complain about.

Waste of a season 8 games in, with our team near the top of the standings. Sure.