View Single Post
Old
10-25-2010, 02:07 PM
MTK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Go Go Green View Post
While you can make the point that Roli has played better in his 3 starts than DP in his 5, I think it's a stretch to suggest that the Islanders are wasting a season here.

Personally, I'd rather see the Isles give Roli 2 starts out of 3, but if they feel they need to get Rick 2 out of 3 starts, that's fine too. If DP gets embarrassed out there, I think we all know that Roli can step in and take the lion's share of the starts.

If Okposo comes back and fails to light it up for the first two weeks are there going to be Okposo Criticism Threads? (I hope not) Will people post that he's taking time away from some other player and that we are wasting a season?

Are the same people demanding we play Roli more the same ones who thought we should have traded Roli at the deadline last season? (I'm too lazy to check) - it astounds me how far into despair we are that even while the team is playing well, so many people need to have things to complain about.

Waste of a season 8 games in, with our team near the top of the standings. Sure.
How has DP earned the #1 spot? Answer that because he has not

Okposo is not a goalie and will not be out for 2 years and to compare those two is pointless. Nor has he had 30 surgeries in the last two years.

In my opinion Roli has this year and has continued his play from last year. Once DP shows he is #1 then he should be #1. I agree with the 2 out of 3 starts go to Roli.

As of now a contract is dictating who starts and that is an issue