View Single Post
Old
10-25-2010, 02:09 PM
Double-Shift Lassť
Just post better

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by blahblah View Post
I am not calling on action based on the performance so far this year. If they hadn't fired him yet, there is certainly no reason to do it now.

However, on pure matters of principle, I have a continuing call for his termination. It will continue as long as he's GM, no matter his results.
Well, seeing as he'll likely be fired at some point, you'll be right (and get your wish) eventually.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CapnCornelius View Post
I have a simpler mantra--no playoffs, no Howson.

I don't care what other "progress" is arguably visible. (Re)building the minor leagues is nice, but it is one of his lesser duties. The primary duty is to achieve on-ice success. And, given the difficult spot this team is in financially, it cannot afford to continue to simply hope for the best another season. Howson has played with fire and if he gets burned, he should suffer the consequence.
Fair enough. I stopped just short of that to allow for considered deliberation. Not that it couldn't lead me to agree.