View Single Post
Old
10-25-2010, 04:23 PM
hockeygoon15

vCash: 500
You guys just need to relax a little. We're not playing DP right now because he gives us the better chance to win, we're playing him to get him acclimated to NHL action again. If there’s no improvement come the end of December feel free to start the discussion. End of February and no improvement? Sound the alarm. Give him some time. Yes, he has a very aggressive style but it works very well when he’s on his game.

The poor guy has been on the shelf for the last two years. Like I said, just give him a couple more months to get back into the grove. Don’t expect to win the games he starts – and certainly don’t expect him to win the games for us. Watch to see if he gets more comfortable, makes better decisions and see if he can slowly return to his Olympic/all-star form.

Edit: And thanks Sal for making this thread. When I go to a GDT I don't want to read 25% of the posts about how DP plays. We know how he plays. It's almost as bad as going to a Rangers GDT and seeing how often they ***** about Avery getting a penalty.