View Single Post
Old
10-25-2010, 04:42 PM
On Edge

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by SAL8116 View Post
Thanks first off. The reason why it became a big deal is because before the puck is even dropped for a game people were excessively complaining about him and therefore taking away from the actual discussion. I think we keep thinks pretty loose around here, but when the discussion strays so far to left field it ruins the said discussion. DiPietro gets a lot of crap just for being DiPietro. Again some people have grazed over my points, but I am all for criticizing him when he deserves it and not simply because he is DP.
Ok here goes...

That is where I differ with your perspective. Can you explain what "excessively complaining" is? I certainly think DiPietro's (or any player's) performance is something that is game related - especially when some here think that playing Roloson more often might be in the best interest of the team.

Why shouldn't this subject be something that dominates this board's conversation? At least until DP can make a case for himself either way? It's part of what makes reading posts here interesting and fun to read. If DP kicks butt and has a .933 SP and a great GAA it will just go away!

By the way...not that stats mean everything but look here:

DP
GAA 3.31 SP .882

Roloson
GAA 1.65 SP .942

I do think the stats do reflect the difference in quality of both of their games at this point.