Thread: Larry Brooks: Torts:White's Future In Doubt
View Single Post
Old
10-25-2010, 06:18 PM
Osminator

vCash: 50
I have a question: How many actually saw Kennedy play in Hartford?

I've seen all Pack games, except one game so far. Kennedy doesn't stick out whatsoever (actually no one does in HFD), but given all the Kennedy whining and hyping around here, maybe some should actually watch a couple of Pack games with him in the lineup... he doesn't warrant a call-up, let alone a NHL roster spot... the only thing I remotely remember is him taking selfish penalties (one game he went to the box 3 or 4 times)... REALITY CHECK!!!

15 forwards on the roster now, 3 injured. Eventually, Gaborik, Drury and Prospal are coming back. If you factor in 7 dmen and 2 goalies, that makes 24 roster players, 1 over the 23-man limit.

Once Gaborik (seems like he'll be the first of the IR) is back, one body has to be moved/waived/sent down. If it is anybody other than White, I would be surprised beyond belief. Maybe the Rangers just want to waive him again and see if anyone takes him and his $2.35 mil cap hit... that would be the best-case scenario. Then the NYR are down to 14 forwards.

It is already difficult enough to scratch any forward the way the team is playing at the moment once Gaborik and co. return (my prime candidate = Eric Christensen), and no way is Kennedy a better hockey player than Christensen.

Matter of time before White is off the roster.

Osminator is offline   Reply With Quote