View Single Post
Old
10-05-2003, 04:13 PM
Mizral

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dr. van Nostrin
LOL...Good one. You got me there.

All I'm saying is that if I go and post something on the Canucks board and I know it's going to stir up some discussion, I going to make damn sure I know what I'm talking about, that's all. It has nothing to do with the upper-crust elite

Back to hockey. Again, you say that it's highly unlikely the Oilers will make the playoffs. Although I respect your opinion, I really don't know how you can say highly unlikely. As an Oiler fan, I am going in to the season knowing that it will not be easy for them to make the playoffs. Do I think they have a chance, of course. Why? Because year after year, this team is discounted every pre-season and never given a chance. Year after year, they lose top notch talent and still manage to keep on making the playoffs.

So I guess I confused as to why it's unlikely that they will miss the playoffs. History says they have a chance and probably more than a 50-50 chance after this year's pre-season. But again, it is your opinion.
I did say highly unlikely, but you took me out of context. I said it's highly unlikely unless Lowe makes a good trade or two. I feel the defense must be added to. At the present state of the Oilers, no, I do not think they will make the playoffs. But a lot can change between now and then.

I guess what bothers me is the Niinimaa deal. Why trade a guy who was giving you so much for so little? I feel he was a huge, huge player in the Oilers roster, and they were 8th in the conference. Without him, I do not feel as confident about the Oilers success. Just seemed like the Oilers took a big step backwards this summer.