View Single Post
Old
10-26-2010, 10:40 AM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NWO View Post
Yep. People just look at the talent and some dont want to move him. Carter is a very good player as was Abreau. Sometimes you move the more talented player to take the next step.Though you do not make the kind of trade the phils did with Abreau as they got garbage back. I dont have much faith in Shooter making a good deal at all.
I have hammered Carter in the past and I know it is not all his fault, but sometimes there are moves to make your team better by removing someone who most will see as too invaluable to move.

It is part of my schtick to see how many will jump when you chastise Carter for being a floater, all the excuses come out and then everyone points to his 46 goals. The 46 goals means squat if you do not show up to play every night when your team needs you, even by not scoring goals, just play like you care, period. IF they got a winger who could fill the void of scoring winger I would consider that a victory, but it going to mean taking some salary back. I was totally down for Quick and Williams for Carter, just because it filled those needs. It would be very interesting if it did come down to moving Carter what Homer could actually get at that point?

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote