View Single Post
Old
10-26-2010, 04:32 PM
PALE PWNR

vCash: 50
Lindros by far and away was the best. He did everything on the ice and came damn close to bringing a cup to philly as well. He was over a PPG player for almost the entirety of his Healthy career, in a very clutch and grab defensive game. He hit fought passed and shot and every time he was on the ice everyone was aware, and the flyers seemingly always had a shot at scoring.

I'm not old enough to have seen Bobby Clarke or Bernie or Mark Howe but from clips that I have seen, knowing it was a completely different game back then, I still think by far Lindros played in one of the hardest times to score in the league and put up better numbers then 99 pct of guys who have played all time, all while carrying a mean streak and being a prototypical flyer.

I read an article a while ago talking about his PPG production vs Ovechkin over a 5 year period. The numbers were really similar other then games played. Lindros had almost a hundred less games played but was only about 50 goals behind ovi and 10 assists behind him but he almost doubled his +/- and had around 1.4 PPG Ovi was close at 1.3 but them even being comparable is all I need to know as to who the best Flyer ever was. On top of that Lindros had Ovi Beat in every other aspect of the game PIMs Fights.

PALE PWNR is online now   Reply With Quote