View Single Post
Old
10-27-2010, 07:59 AM
Legionnaire11

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by JR303 View Post
Hey, cool. Do you happen to remember the very end of game 5 in last years' playoffs? That very long, loud, furious incredible string of profanity that made all those sailors blush, that was me. I figure anywhere close to cut-off had to hear it.

I am simply amazed at the sheer number of hockey/Predators fans there are here in Murfreesboro. I have always maintained that if the Preds could somehow tap into it, it would make a solid dent into their attendance boost.

I worked a little bit with some of the management of the Knights/Knighthawks and there was always a large amount of Rutherford County representation in their season ticket sales.

John
I agree 100% and have always insisted on the same thing. 100k in M'boro, 250k estimated in Rutherford County... yet it seems that Franklin and Brentwood (175k in williamson) get the overwhelming majority of Preds marketing efforts.

Hopefully with M'boro building ice rinks it will help draw more attention and high school hockey will take off. Expanding the Music City Star to M'boro would help as well.

Legionnaire11 is offline   Reply With Quote