View Single Post
Old
10-27-2010, 11:14 AM
MTK

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by redbull View Post

If DiPietro beats the Rangers in the opening round of the 2011 playoffs - I won't be the one referring to this thread - promise.
See, I think what i quoted from you is a little off. I think everyone knows DP has talent and skill and expects him to be our starting goaltender later in the season . I believe we all know that he needs time but my issue is game time right in the beginning of the season where these games are really important. The Isles as of today have been a pleasant surprise to us all. They have picked up for the weak goals. I expect DP to be our goalie and I expect the NYI to beat whoever we play in the playoffs

DP is our starting goaltender in the future maybe mid season but now he is not. He needs more time as I have stated. I think if he progresses and gets back to normal form, we will be in the playoffs and sweep NYR

I do not agree that he has earned the starting position from what he did two years ago like some have stated. Can't live in the past, its what are you doing now. This is not directed at you Redbull.

Also, we should probably change the thread title to more of a DP discussion. I am not into talking smack about him but to analyze his game play so far. Which has not been good.

Of course we are going to get the "dp sucks so much". People will hate him for multiple reasons like:

• 15 year contract
  • Cocky
  • Plays the puck to much
I wasn't a fan of him when we drafted him. He is an Islander so that is all it needs for me. I don't care about the contract since we can't do anything about it and he is on my favorite team.

I want DP to succeed and be back in the All Star game or maybe just make the All Star team and decline to play would be better as well as help NYI win a cup