View Single Post
Old
10-27-2010, 01:35 PM
Jigger77

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by cornwallcreeper View Post
Why do so many of you hate Darche so much?
He plays very well away from the puck and does all the little things right. Just because he is not as flashy offensively as Boyd, it does not mean he isn't as good.

He does the boring stuff we don't notice, but his veteran presence is useful to the lineup.
I find around these boards people tend to stick to majority opinions and drive them into the ground without thinking too much about it. Especially when it comes to older players. Their importance on a team in terms of those special details you hear coaches talk about is exremely underrated on these boards.

Personally, I agree with you. Darche has done his job very well. He also played with Halpern in Tbay so there is some chemistry and a lot of veteran experience there. That and I think that if the coaching staff is playing him there instead of someone else I tend to go with the "they must know what they are doing" attitude. At first glance I thought Boyd was bringing energy and I liked what I saw, but there must be something defensively he isn't doing and I trust the coaching staff we have in place when it comes to making these decisions. Expecially when we are winning.