Thread: News Article: Carter trade rumors heating up
View Single Post
Old
10-27-2010, 01:40 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by lumm0x View Post
I wouldn't be too rash about his playoff performances. He had a great first playoff year. The next was very short lived as a team and yes, he didn't produce much in those 6 games. Last year on 2 broken feet I give a pass considering he still had 11 pts in the 17 games.

In terms of his trade value, definitely if the team can add a reasonable scoring winger with a smaller cap hit and also pick up a defenseman prospect then it makes sense. I am not opposed to keeping him around and trying to re-sign all FA's in the offseason. There will be other pieces departing and possible cap increases so it's not impossible.
He is soft. Soft players do not rise to the level of the playoff game. They are better during the regular season because they can play against teams who will not defend them. Carter........push him wide, make him shoot, and counter with a quick line change and an odd-man rush. There is a reason why teams shut him down, he is easily defensible. It is so obvious I am not sure why anyone would even discuss about Carters playoff performances.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote