View Single Post
Old
10-27-2010, 04:15 PM
Vanek20
Drive for 25

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by 417 View Post
What value does he add to the bottom 6? This is why i can't wrap myself around the idea of Mathieu Darche being a in the NHL. I watch him play and to me, he just doesn't belong. I don't see what he brings on the ice, he doesn't kill penalties, he doesn't play PP, he doesn't fight, he's not a great skater, doesn't bring offense, for having decent size, he doesn't bring a physical edge on the forecheck.

So I often find myself wondering, why is #52 on the Habs?

The only reasons I find that are tangible is he's not going to complain when he's not in the lineup. Which to me, isn't a reason to keep a player.

Again, I don't mind Darche, I just fail to see what type of player he is...what's the difference between Mathieu Darche and Mike Glumac (who never got a shot, not that I care) for example?
That's a good question lol. Maybe his work ethic? his attitude with his teammates (always encouraging)? I don't mine having him on our team, honestly. The problem that I have is prefer him to Boyd...that's what I don't understand. Darche deserve his one way contract for all the hard work he had to go through his hole career. He now has 500K garanteed for this season and I'm happy for him, but JM has to realise that Boyd could bring to the team more than what Darche brings.

In other words, Darche as the 13th forward, I don't mine...but nothing more than that.