Thread: News Article: Carter trade rumors heating up
View Single Post
Old
10-27-2010, 03:21 PM
Cartsiephan*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
95% of the league is streaky... even the good scorers. That's why only a few guys can post really high point totals. This criticism of Carter for being streaky is pure ignorance. If he wasn't streaky, he'd be posting 50+ goal campaigns every year... how many guys are doing that?

Briere has never scored more than 32 goals in a regular season... so I would bet against you on that front. He's also on pace to take 355 shots, and his current career high is 234. He's feeling it right now, but he'll get out of that and into dishing it... as his 6/2 goal/assist ratio is out of whack for him right now. He's always been a more assists than goals player.
I agree on both points, but I would not be surprised to see Briere leading this team in points. He has found his style of game that makes him a good player and on a line that works for him. If Briere finished @33-31-64 I would call that an excellent season and very well could be at the top of the team stats...of course that depends on whether Leino and Hartnell continue to contribute over the season.

Cartsiephan* is offline   Reply With Quote