Thread: News Article: Carter trade rumors heating up
View Single Post
Old
10-27-2010, 04:24 PM
agrudez*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by tuckrr View Post
i value this more. And i think you do a good job of bringing the real issue to light, which is what do we value more. The only reason i'd consider trading carter is if it meant we could keep leino and Zherdev (who so far this season have looked great to me). But i'd still prefer alternatives, ways to keep them all...like moving timonen or hartnell.
You think Zherdev has looked great?

He has proven to be what everyone said he would be, magical for a few moments and then invisible for long stretches. He certainly had me fooled, I predicted him to lead our team in goals this season.

Leino has looked amazing, though. His puck control and hand quickness is pretty unreal, definately reminds me (in terms of style, NOT skill level) of Forsberg, but I guess that is a pretty common Swedish/Finnish style.

That being said, I don't see how Leino gets more than 2M, based on his history, in his next contract short of a PPG season this year. 2M for 2 years so that he can still get a big fat payday before he ends his prime at the end of the deal, assuming he performs, is my prediction.

agrudez* is offline   Reply With Quote