View Single Post
Old
10-27-2010, 09:25 PM
FlyHigh

vCash: 500
Send a message via AIM to FlyHigh Send a message via MSN to FlyHigh
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mgkibbles View Post
Other than Vanek, and maybe Semin, Carter is far and away the worst player on that list.

Also, if you watch Carter you know he's not an underrated passer. Stats are good for verifying what you're seeing with your eyes, but when the visual and the stats don't match, there's something wrong.
Based on what?

I mean, it's not like Carter has had all-world linemates.

07/08: Upshall/Knuble, not bad, but not great.
08/09: Hartnell/Lupul, again, not bad, but neither one is a first liner.
09/10: Hartnell's corpse/Briere, Briere had his best ES season with us, Hartnell sucked, team sucked, still would have had 35 if not for getting hurt and was still top-10 in goals.

And considering most people on here seem to think that Hatcher and Shelley are both better passers than Carter, I'd say he's underrated.

It was interesting how everyone was blowing Giroux on the Powe goal and Giroux made a great play, but Carter made the phenomenal pass to set up the 2 on 1.

EDIT: I'd say Carter is better than Staal and then you're saying that he's not as good as Crosby/Nash/Malkin/Ovechkin/Parise.

Whoop de ****ing do, you probably have 5 of the league's best 7 goalscorers there and probably 5 of the 10 best forwards period.

FlyHigh is offline   Reply With Quote