View Single Post
Old
10-27-2010, 08:44 PM
Mgkibbles

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyHigh View Post
Based on what?

I mean, it's not like Carter has had all-world linemates.

07/08: Upshall/Knuble, not bad, but not great.
08/09: Hartnell/Lupul, again, not bad, but neither one is a first liner.
09/10: Hartnell's corpse/Briere, Briere had his best ES season with us, Hartnell sucked, team sucked, still would have had 35 if not for getting hurt and was still top-10 in goals.

And considering most people on here seem to think that Hatcher and Shelley are both better passers than Carter, I'd say he's underrated.

It was interesting how everyone was blowing Giroux on the Powe goal and Giroux made a great play, but Carter made the phenomenal pass to set up the 2 on 1.

EDIT: I'd say Carter is better than Staal and then you're saying that he's not as good as Crosby/Nash/Malkin/Ovechkin/Parise.

Whoop de ****ing do, you probably have 5 of the league's best 7 goalscorers there and probably 5 of the 10 best forwards period.
Other than Ovie and Semin who on that list has had better linemates than Carter? Nobody.

If people think Carter's passing ability is on Hatcher and Shelley's level you shouldn't bother reading their posts.

I wouldn't call a chip to the neutral zone a phenomenal pass.

Say you were given the choice of Staal or Carter to start a team with, who would you pick? I'm definitely going with Staal.

You hit the nail on the head, top goalscorers, but that's not the only part of hockey. Everyone you mentioned on that list - other than Vanek and Semin - are better all-around players than Carter.

Mgkibbles is offline   Reply With Quote