View Single Post
Old
10-28-2010, 09:32 AM
Felonious Python
Purple Squirrel

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tokala View Post
I'm with Python. Smith earned his backup spot. He may be winning games, but he just doesn't scream "competent" any longer. Start Ellis, Smith the occasional start and relief. Find a true #1 before the holiday trade deadline. That's my wish!
Before the holiday deadline is going to be the trouble spot. Every team measures their success by the same metrics. Christmas being one of the major tent-poles of the season.

It probably won't be until after that point that we'd be able to find a more functional #1 goalie for a reasonable price. (but with SFY, you never know)

There's a poll up on TSN right now: When should Vancouver trade Cory Schneider? Currently 37% say "deadline or before", 13% say "off-season" and the remaining 50% say "never".

The problem for us, is that he's only 24, and hasn't established himself as a starter, which puts him in a closer situation to D-Tok than anything.

And with Rask's early falterings, it's made Tim Thomas, and every other goalie, that much more valuable.

Martin Gerber would be cheap to bring in right now. Besides him, Mathieu Garon (who also may have a clutch issue, but less severe than Smitty) and Peter Budaj are more expensive possibilities, but I'm not sure any of them are a significant enough upgrade to spend assets on.

Last edited by Felonious Python: 10-28-2010 at 09:56 AM.