View Single Post
Old
10-28-2010, 04:58 PM
Chicken Chaser
Zaphod Beeblebrox

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jtown View Post
The reason everyone is giving on why we should keep Carter is because he is an elite Goal Scorer. But thats cause he shoots so damn much. His shot percentage is not great when compared to other centers in the league (Toews, Malkin, Crosby, Thorton)

When you combine this with the fact that he is not a play-maker, and does not make his line-mates better he is the easy choice when it comes trade time.
my biggest concern with J Carter is that although he shoots a boat load, its typically always from similar areas on the ice with the same delivery. Crosby in particular was never an elite goal scorer, in fact up until last year you could make a legitimate argument that over the course of their respective careers, Carter would out pace Crosby in the goal scoring department. So what did Crosby do? he went out on the off season and developed hit shot, changed curves, and dedicated himself to scoring more, and he pots 51 goals the next season. Now I know Crosby is in another class when it comes to hockey players, but for gods sake would it kill Jeff Carter to adapt a slap shot or a one timer? I mean seriously he could put up Stamkos like numbers on this team if he moulded his game in a similar fashion.

Chicken Chaser is offline   Reply With Quote