Thread: News Article: Carter trade rumors heating up
View Single Post
Old
10-28-2010, 05:00 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Chicken Chaser View Post
my biggest concern with J Carter is that although he shoots a boat load, its typically always from similar areas on the ice with the same delivery. Crosby in particular was never an elite goal scorer, in fact up until last year you could make a legitimate argument that over the course of their respective careers, Carter would out pace Crosby in the goal scoring department. So what did Crosby do? he went out on the off season and developed hit shot, changed curves, and dedicated himself to scoring more, and he pots 51 goals the next season. Now I know Crosby is in another class when it comes to hockey players, but for gods sake would it kill Jeff Carter to adapt a slap shot or a one timer? I mean seriously he could put up Stamkos like numbers on this team if he moulded his game in a similar fashion.
You can't be what you are not... the biggest thing holding Carter back is he isn't much of a dangler (it has nothing to do with developing a slapper). He doesn't have the one-on-one undress a guy game, which Crosby and some of these other guys have (similar to Gagne, in that respect).

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote