View Single Post
Old
10-29-2010, 12:15 AM
dulzhok

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by OpenWheel View Post
But, now that I think more, until he learns to be a defensive forward without scoring touch, he really won't fit the Preds style.
Which guy with a scoring touch did Trotz hold back? Sullivan and Dumont had career years under Trotz. Kariya resurrected his dwindling career under Trotz. Radulov had 26 as a rookie in a secondary role. Hornq had 30. Harntell had 27 and has had volatile results in Philly. Arkhipov scored 20 as rookie, threw away any work ethic, and didn't have results elsewhere. Some will say Legwand, but at some point, you have look into the possibility that he didn't have high end scoring potential to begin with.

Klassen's numbers are intriguing. I've only seen youtube videos of the guy. Impressive moves, but he had tons of space to work with. I'm sure he has less space in the AHL vs SEL, but he will have considerably less space in the NHL to pull off that kind of stuff. Only a select few small forwards pull off moves like that in the NHL... Datsyuk being the prime example. Without having seen the guy play, the odds are against him.

I assume he'll get his chance at some point. As always, we could use a guy that could score.

dulzhok is offline   Reply With Quote