View Single Post
Old
10-29-2010, 10:04 AM
lumm0x

vCash: 500
Speaking of replaceable, for a guy who has 150 regular season pts in the last 3 years for us with a combined salary of $25 million over that term, I am sure we could find someone willing to consume that amount of cap for that production.

Danny had an amazing playoffs last year for us. He was hands down the best player over that 20ish game stretch. Aside from that he has not been a consitently special contributor in his tenure in Philly and he has not been particularly healthy. He's not going to get any younger or better, his skills are going to decline and he's going to seem less and less worth his cap hit. As stated many times over, he has a very one dimensional game. He is probably our worst defensive forward.

I really like the guy though and will admit when he was a FA he was one that I hoped we would get. The contract was a killer but I have to admit I supported his acquisition. I thought he brings a passion to the game and an energy level in the offensive zone that would rub off on his teammates. He does bring that intangible.

I will still be surprised if he bests 60 pts this season.

lumm0x is offline   Reply With Quote