Thread: Line Combos: When Spezza is back...
View Single Post
Old
10-29-2010, 04:31 PM
LeTigre

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Canadian Guy View Post
Michalek's knees are time bombs. He needs to get his ice time reduced somehow or else we're going end up without him in the playoffs once again.

Foligno doesn't belong in the top 6, or least not yet (it's crazy how I always forget he's just 22).

Kovalev has been talking about wanting to have the opportunity to stick with his linemates and the way he's been playing I say we indulge him.
I think switching Foligno for Spezza while moving Regin to the left would be more indulgent on Kovalev's behalf. Spezza > Foligno.

I agree that Foligno doesn't belong in our top 6. He may, however, belong in the top 6 on other teams. If you really want to trade Lee, see what Foligno fetches for you along with him. We know he isn't a 4th liner, and he won't be going near the Kelly line, so he truly is expendable as a faux top 6 forward. He also had a hell of a camp, so his stock definitely is not low.

Michalek - Fisher - Alfie is a line that you could give second line minutes. We have to be careful to not overplay Alfie as well as Michalek in even strength situations.

Regin - Spezza - Kovalev sounds like a good experiment. Spezza will backcheck, and Regin is an excellent backchecker. Kovalev will more often than not cherrypick or float, which often keeps the opposing D honest and can be beneficial. I'm just not so sure Kovalev would be effective at 20 minutes a night, but he very well could be. And to people saying he wouldn't dig for pucks, where are you getting that from? Kovalev is one of the better players along the boards in the game.

LeTigre is offline   Reply With Quote