Thread: Line Combos: When Spezza is back...
View Single Post
Old
10-29-2010, 05:10 PM
HockeyTownUSA

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sambo View Post

Regin is great defensively, and you two are selling spezza way too short there. Not only that, but when Kovalev is playing well, hes competing hard.

And stop with the "they're both puck possession players" BS. Alfie is a puck possession player too no? So is Regin and so many countless other examples of people im sure you would label as "puck possession" players are playing together across the league. Highly skilled forwards who can both pass and shoot can feed off of each other, not all have chemistry, but no one can possibly know if thats true about Spezza and Kovy at this point.

I think Kovy likes being the man, and him with with Spezza would raise his confidence and drive a bunch imo. It would be alot easier to float when you know the coach isnt relying on you the same way he is with his top line forwards and PP unit. Give Kovy the responsibility of playing top minutes with a tremendous center, I guarantee he flourishes.
The "no one" in my case was directed solely at Kovy and Spezza since that was the theme of the post that I commented on. Regin is too young and not a multi-million dollar player to give up on a play. He has the speed to come back and backcheck on a play. The other guys do too, they just don't.

HockeyTownUSA is offline   Reply With Quote