View Single Post
Old
10-29-2010, 11:11 PM
SLang

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Parise09 View Post
I don't have a problem with the booing at all. Knock yourself out with it, honestly. I just dislike the attitude of SOME LA fans who feel like Kovalchuk was their property and he somehow back-stabbed them..It gets tiresome. Did he make the right choice? Probably not. But 20 million, like you said, is a lot to turn down. The way Kings fans are acting, however, gets annoying. Almost like Rangers fans who think every big name free agent is going to sign with them in the summer.

Yeah, I don't mean to be comign off as a "troll" or anything, I'm just saying it how I see it. Fans like yourself, however, are knowledgeable of the situation and I didn't want to group all LA fans as the same. I was just trying to get across that he didn't backstab anyone or any team. Heck, he never played for LA, which is why i don't get the sense of entitlement or booing. Obviously he's a good player that you want on your team, but there are 29 other teams that could use him too. The Devils gave him the best offer, so he went with it. At the end of the day 20 million is 20 million.
I think you might be missing the point. People aren't pissed that he back stabbed the team. They're pissed because we offered him the chance to come to an improving team and he offered the kings a chance to go over the top. He chose money over success in many people's eyes, and although, yes, there was a 20 million spread, a lot of people wonder how much is enough? Personally I don't care about it but I'm guessing that's how many feel. Is it really just their problem? Pretty much.