View Single Post
Old
10-30-2010, 12:56 AM
TankEller*

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by NewHabsEra View Post
Kovalev was trying to deke everyone including his own teammates til he loses the puck.. At least Subban's dekes are constructive..
This. Pretty much. I cringed when I saw Subban mentionned in the same sentence as Kovalev.

Subban is a passionated, enthousiastic workhorse with tremendous talent.

Kovalev is all but the first two qualifiers.

Subban also is more gritty than Kovalev and will literally push opponents to challenge him. And that is what makes him so special, even compared to guys like Karlsson, Carlson, McBain and cie. He's got that arrogance and that willingness to humiliate his opponents. The same arrogance and the same will Roy had back then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAHabFan View Post
He is still available in the 2nd round because nobody beleive PK Subban can play defense.
Even after witnessing Princess Crosby being literally owned physically in last year's playoffs, Pens fans kept saying things like:

"Subban is never going to be a stud in this league. He's not good enough defensively, and he isn't imposing respect with his 160 pounds frame."

I swear I read it somewhere in the main boards. Subban plays a fancy game, but he's actually rough and can mix it up. He's also incredibly strong along the boards. It's quite something to see.

TankEller* is offline   Reply With Quote