Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
10-30-2010, 08:56 AM
timbitca

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by TomBull View Post
Moncton fans are all class. Blue and gold leotard man, funny stuff. Hope the squirrel fans get to see him tonight, they will probably poke him out if he does the same stunts he did to STU.
No worries of seeing that guy again, much like the staged 3700+ crowd at SMU, they had held a pep rally at the student pub on campus before our home opener, a huge 100 or so students showed up to the game. No big chances of seeing any of them again until the playoffs, if even then.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kexodusc View Post
Actually, I frequented the LBR 2 to 5 times a year back then, never found the beer counter but always saw lots of beer. Man that LBR must have had quite the concession stand, people drank Canadian Club, and Captain Morgan there too.

I had a beer cup (not empty) connect with my head from several rows back at Nationals in Moncton in 2007 when UdeM scored the OT winner vs Laurier. I don't take it too personally though, each team has that small group of fans that cross the line, and I've seen some stuff at UNB games that I wouldn't do (and that's saying something). They tend to only be at the rinks when their teams are winning.

Back in their old rink, being a UNB fan visiting Acadia was a death wish.

I kinda like the fan rivalry - beats an empty building.
Yeah, the LBR had quite the concessions back then And I agree, any sports team anywhere in the world has it's share of idiot fans, and that's not about to change either.

Being anything but an Acadia fan at Antigonish Arena was almost a death wish. Much like the Antigonish Arena, I won't miss going to the LBR all that much next year... both past their prime for hosting varsity hockey.