View Single Post
Old
10-30-2010, 11:39 AM
Bad Natey
#feelthelove

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyingKostitsyn View Post
I agree sitting Darche would not be fair considering his recent play but Pyatt's PK abilities can be replaced by others, we have a good number of good PK players.

As for Picard I really hope Martin isn't too patient if Spacek continues being terrible and scratch him eventually. Otherwise Picard might have to wait for injuries to play, which is sadly unfair to him.
Yeah but all those extra minutes burn out some of our guys. I really wish Martin would ease up on Plekanec's PK minutes. I love, love, love Plekanec on the PK but it was quite clear to me that the guy slowed down last year (the Olympics probably didn't help either).

We have the 6th best PK in the league and Pyatt is a huge part of that, as he's second on the team in PK time per game (Halpern is first - damn what a signing!).

Boyd really wasn't great in his last few games and Pyatt seems to be chewing up more minutes than Boyd was, while not hurting the team and playing great on the PK.

Quote:
Originally Posted by neofury View Post
If Spacek doesn't shape up we might have to trade for a D at the deadline
True, but I still wouldn't want to not give Picard a chance. The guy has been way more than anyone can expect. I know +/- isn't the best stat, but its quite clear to me that leading the team (defense) and being 5th in the NHL (defense) can't be a bad thing.