View Single Post
Old
05-15-2005, 02:23 PM
pelts35.com

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by ClarkeMustGoDotCom
Being a Manchester fan as well as a Phantoms fan, the Monarchs lack something that Philly has and Lowell even had. heart. The Monarchs have not been a playoff team all 4 seasons they have been in Manchester. Providence was able to shutdown the top line in Lowell and took advantage of the shaky goaltending Lowell had in that series. Andy Murray insisted from LA that Garon start every game when Hauser had the better numbers vs. the Bruins this season, hence the reason for that. Garon has been and allways will be OVERRATED.
I just dont think Providence matches up well with Philly, especially now with Carter and Richards on the team. Maybe im a bit biased twords Philly but i saw enough of Providence this season to know that i dont think they have enough to deal with Philly. Not to take anything away from what Providence has done. They have a great run so far. I just think it comes to an end in this series.
You certainly make valid points. Although I agree that Manchester has yet to show that they have any heart when it comes to the post season, I don't think you can say the same for Lowell. Quite frankly, Toivonen was amazing in that series as, many have said, that Lowell outplayed Providence in at least 2 of Providence's wins.

The one thing you can never discount is a hot goaltender. Although Nittymaki has played well, Toivonen has been spectacular in the playoffs.

Regardless of who makes it out of the east, I still think that one of the old IHL teams will claim yet another Calder Cup.