View Single Post
Old
10-30-2010, 04:40 PM
Amateur Hour

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by LarryNJ View Post
I took a trip over to Pittsburgh for the weekend and to see the game. I was unaware that we were staying at the same hotel as the players until a couple hours before the game in the hotel bar was a group of guys in Flyers jerseys and no 2 were the same. After talking with them it turns out that it's the start of a players/fathers trip and they were players fathers. It was a great time talking to a proud (rightfully so) group of men. We talked to Giroux's father the most and he ended up having a great night. I had a feeling that the dads being there would give the Flyers the extra motivation to play a little harder. I believe he said they were spending the next week with them, going to practices, dinners and all team functions.
I met Giroux's dad at a Caps/Flyers game in DC early last season during the fathers trip. I was wearing a Giroux jersey (as was he, of course), so he approached me on the concourse. Nice guy, very gracious and humble. We had a brief chat, and he actually thanked me for wearing Claude's jersey. I was like, "Claude's the most talented player on the team, it's only a matter of time before he becomes a star." His face lit up with pride and appreciation. It looks like this may be the season that Giroux fulfills his enormous potential and elevates his game on a consistent basis. So far, so good.

Amateur Hour is offline   Reply With Quote