Thread: STU Tommies
View Single Post
Old
10-30-2010, 11:46 PM
SnipeShow91

vCash: 500
caught tonites game...and all i have to say is wow! STU sometimes, is the most inept defensive team i have ever seen. Some of the goals were off the back wall, and usually if you take advantage of that at the lbr, you win, but a lot of those goals were pretty preventable. Dont know what it is, but seriously, a mens league team could clear the puck out of the zone better than the Tommies could tonite. No no, an atom AA team could do it better! It dosent matter if its Lavinge, McFarlane or Guy is in net, unless the puck is out of the zone, your always going to be on the losing end. I dont mind turnovers in the neutral zone when you can take a man going back into the own zone, but when no one is willing to make the sacrifice to come back, then we should be 8th in the league. I have said about STU for the past 3 years, since Butera, Giallonardo, Card, Theriault and Turner left, things have had gone downhill. We score enough to win games, but unless the Tommies improve on the defensive end, its going to be a long season because those guys knew when they got in trouble, they bounced it off the boards or the glass and that puck was out! This defense would rather fire it up the middle or softly give it to the other team, and other than Judson, isint physical enough to be a force