Old
10-31-2010, 02:29 AM
NYR Sting
Heart and Soul

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfgaze View Post
What would affordable be in your book?

Personally, I wouldn't feel comfortable shelling out anymore than $3.5 mil for his services but I think it's highly unrealistic that he takes a 50% paycut on his next contract.
I wouldn't pay more than that either, but I don't think he will get many big offers. He's older, he has lost a step, and he's tainted by the stupidity of the NYR front office who keep placing him in positions that he has no chance to succeed in.

Who is going to offer him more than $4 million? Maybe a small market team that needs to hit the cap floor, I guess? Would he leave his home to go to a team like that? Maybe you can keep him for 3 or 3.5. I absolutely LOVE Drury, but I think it's completely ridiculous that anyone ever thought he was worth $7 million per season, and I can't imagine someone making a mistake that stupid again.

Avery, I'd go as high as 3, preferably 2.5 because he's a leader and a solid player, not to mention popular with the fans. Keeps the team, the league and the sport in the news, too, however stupid the reasons for it may be.

NYR Sting is offline   Reply With Quote