View Single Post
Old
10-31-2010, 01:07 PM
Jester

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by FlyerX View Post
That could apply to the whole team at times. When they get cute and try to play on the perimeter is when their scoring suffers.

Not that the Flyers have been a team that develops young players very well, but these guys had noticeably bad hands and now they look OK.

It isn't really about the numbers or the results, they just look a lot better with the puck on their stick and I can't recall another instance of that here off the top of my head.
I'm not sure Powe's hands look all that different... he just doesn't F around, and that'll get you some goals. Nodl, on the other hand, F's around.

He has 2 goals on 6 shots right now.

Related to the conversation about Carter (that is always ongoing), you need to shoot the puck if you want to score goals. Moreover, he isn't fast enough/skilled enough to be messing around with constantly trying to go around guys... just put the puck on net.

Powe's numbers might be slightly inflated right now, but I don't think 30 pts are out of the realm of possibility for him playing with the top 9. Assists will come by accident with those guys, and Powe will get some goals just by going to the net. I mean, hell, he did a great job almost getting Timonen his second goal by going to the net.

Jester is offline   Reply With Quote