View Single Post
Old
10-31-2010, 05:35 PM
Garbage Goal

vCash: 500
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jester View Post
Well, they should move them because it's better for the league overall... and that entire situation down there is a complete mess. They're not going to find a solid offer for that team with any interest in keeping the team there (far more valuable elsewhere). They should also move 'em because they should only be propping up a couple "developing" franchises at any one time.

However, I'm not sure that the mess in PHX or any of these other new locations is indicative that it cannot work in place X. NHL is doing quite well in Dallas, for example... far from a traditional market. The reality is that it's difficult for expansion teams once a league is really established, and they have to compete with teams that have steady fanbases and good cash flows. That forces teams (like SJ, for example) to spend beyond what they can really afford and still turn a profit in order to be competitive... part of why the CBA is so important, is to help that whole situation out. It won't be overnight, though.
I agree with everything you've said on the issue.

Good point about how only a few developing franchises should be out there at any one time though. That makes sense, and for that reason (meaning not for the retarded reasons that most people have), I'd be fine with moving them to another place.

What other place could you move it to though that wouldn't be a developing franchise? Nowhere in the United States really.